Moov (stylized as MOOV) is a subscription-based music, podcast and video streaming service that combines lossless audio and high-definition music videos with exclusive content and special features on music. Moov was launched in 2006 by Hong Kong public company PCCW.
|Launch date||April 24, 2006|
|Platform(s)||Android, iOS, Web app AAC, FLAC|
The service has over 1.5 million tracks in lossless FLAC-based 16-Bit/44.1 kHz quality. It has distribution agreements with close to 300 labels and content providers including EMI, Gold Typhoon and Sony Music. Moov is currently available in Hong Kong, Vietnam and Mainland China.
The platform is integrated with other PCCW products and services. Music contents are shared with HKT eye, a fixed network service. Video contents such as concerts and music videos are shared with Now TV, a subscription-based television network.
After launching Moov in Hong Kong in 2006, the company began to expand its service overseas. In 2013, PCCW partners SMC, China Telecom and BestTV to expand the music streaming service to Mainland China with the brand "摩音符 Moov". Moov became the first subscription-based music streaming service from outside of Mainland China to operate in China. In 2016, Moov extends its streaming service to Vietnam by partnering with Vietnamobile and through signing deals with over 150 content providers in Vietnam.
In 2016, Moov launches the Therapeutic Music library with Cantonese audio inductions. The library contain playlists created by registered professional music therapists from around the world including the United States, Canada and Australia, targeting different needs such as stress reduction, pregnancy soothing and sleep improvement. Moov claims it to be "Asia's first and only Therapeutic Music Library".
- "PCCW gets the music moov-ing on the internet". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Russell, Jon. "PCCW Media raises $110M for its video and music streaming services in Asia". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Top Four Music Streaming Services in Hong Kong". ButterBoom. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "PCCW gets OTT investment boost". The Standard. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Moov Hi-Fi" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "電盈攻內地網上音樂 「摩音符MOOV」粵上線 首個境外收費品牌 - 香港文匯報". paper.wenweipo.com. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Sharma, Ray. "PCCW Media Extends MOOV OTT Music to Vietnam". Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "PCCW Media takes aim at piracy in Vietnam with launch of music streaming brand MOOV - Mumbrella Asia". Mumbrella Asia. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- mastercmsdotorg. "Hong Kong music app to light up Vietnamese youth | Corporate News, Latest Business". Vietnam Investment Review. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Music - MOOV | HKT". HKT. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Chiang, Karen. "MOOV is Back with LyricSnap!TM and its Redesigned App - wcity.com". www.wcity.com. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "MOOV LyricSnap!" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "MOOV Music Therapy". Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Ma, Sin Hang Kristie (December 12, 2016). "MOOV's creative "trailers" touch social audiences". School of Journalism and Communication, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- "MOOV推出亞洲首創同聲同氣「音樂自療」音樂庫 - Qooza". Qooza. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Limited, PCCW Media (2018-01-24), MOOV, PCCW Media Limited, retrieved 2018-01-26