PCCW Mobile HK Limited previously known as Mandarin Communications Limited, was a subsidiary of PCCW (via HKT) involving mobile network operator of 2G and 3G in Hong Kong. It was previously owned by a Caymans-incorporated Hong Kong listed company Sunday Communications until 2006.
|SUNDAY (former trading name)|
|Fate||merged with CSL Limited|
|Founded||24 November 1994 in British Hong Kong|
|former Chinese name (Mandarin Communications era)|
PCCW Mobile HK, previously known as "Mandarin Communications" (registered Chinese name 匯亞通訊有限公司; trading as SUNDAY), was a Hong Kong company that was incorporated in 1994. Mandarin Communications launched its 2G GSM 1800 network in 1997.
Mandarin Communications was a subsidiary of listed company Sunday Communications since 2000. In 2004, the company signed a contract with Huawei, which the Chinese telecommunications company would supply and installation of a 3G network to SUNDAY, as well as purchasing the shares of its parent company Sunday Communications. The group acquired the 3G license of Hong Kong via Sunday 3G (Hong Kong) Limited (stylized as SUNDAY 3G), a wholly owned subsidiary of Mandarin Communications.
However, the parent company, Sunday Communications, was acquired by PCCW in 2005, and the subsidiary, Mandarin Communications, was renamed to "PCCW Mobile HK Limited" in 2007, after Sunday Communications selling Mandarin Communications and other businesses to its parent company in 2006. PCCW made this acquisition to return to mobile business after it sold Hong Kong CSL Limited to Australia's Telstra in 2001–02.
Nevertheless, after PCCW, via its subsidiary HKT, re-acquired CSL (known as a different legal person, CSL Limited, at that time) and its parent company CSL New World Mobility from Telstra and New World Development in December 2013, PCCW ceased to use the brand PCCW in its mobile network operator services, which the legal person of PCCW Mobile HK was renamed to CSL Mobile Limited instead, in 2014.
- Report on the competition impact of the acquisition of shares in SUNDAY by PCCW (PDF). Hong Kong: Office of the Communications Authority. 5 July 2005. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Data in Hong Kong Companies Registry
- "Definitions" (PDF). Prospectus. Hong Kong: International Elite – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- "Corporate Profile" (PDF). 2000 Annual Report. Sunday Communications. 4 April 2001. Retrieved 28 February 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- 华为与Sunday签3G供应协议 并增持该公司股份. ZDNet China (in Chinese). CBS Interactive. 14 May 2004. Retrieved 28 February 2018 – via cnetnews.com.cn.
- 华为继续增持Sunday股份 所持比例上调至8.02%. 计算机世界网 (in Chinese). 27 May 2004. Retrieved 28 February 2018 – via Sina website.
- H. Asher Bolande (20 September 2001). Written at Hong Kong. "Hong Kong Government Announces Four Winners of 3G Mobile Licenses". The Wall Street Journal. New York City: Dow Jones & Company.
- H. Asher Bolande (20 September 2001). "Hong Kong Cancels Auction Of Third-Generation Licenses | City's 4 Mobile Firms Were the Only Bidders". The Asian Wall Street Journal. Hong Kong: Dow Jones & Company. ISSN 0377-9920 – via Factiva.
- Lau, Justine (13 June 2005). Written at Hong Kong. "PCCW returns to wireless with Sunday buy". Financial Times. London. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "(1) Very substantial disposal and connected transaction, (2) voluntary withdrawal of listing and proposed distribution" (PDF) (Press release). Sunday Communications. 7 November 2006. Retrieved 28 February 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- Lee, Mark; Wong, Ka-chun (14 June 2005). "PCCW returns to mobiles with $1.94b bid for Sunday". The Standard. Hong Kong: Sing Tao News Corporation. Archived from the original on 9 March 2006. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "Telecom: Hong Kong Regulator Clears PCCW Purchase". The Asian Wall Street Journal. Hong Kong: Dow Jones & Company. 6 July 2005. ISSN 0377-9920 – via Factiva.
- 剝離非核心資產 鄭氏兩年套近400億. Ming Pao (in Chinese). Hong Kong: Media Chinese International. 19 February 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Disclosable transaction | Disposal of 23.6% interest in CSL New World Mobility Limited" (PDF) (Press release). Hong Kong: New World Development. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing.
- "Joint Announcement" (PDF) (Press release). PCCW Limited and HKT Trust c/o HKT Limited. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- "HKT eyes smooth takeover of CSL New World Mobility". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "NOTES TO THE HKT TRUST AND HKT LIMITED CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS". 2014 Annual Report (PDF) (Report). HKT Trust c/o HKT Limited. 13 March 2015. p. 109 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.